Who We Are
Who we are
- The Weightlifting Federation of Africa (WFA) is a permanent non-profit organization composed of 35 affiliated National Federations.
- Weightlifting was one of the first sports included already in the first Modern Olympic Games 1896.
- The WFA was founded in the year of 1978 in Egypt.
- The WFA is the continental controlling body for weightlifting.
- The WFA is recognized by the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) which is recognized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) as the sole controlling body for international weightlifting.
- The IWF is a member of SportAccord and the Association of Summer Olympic International Federations (ASOIF).
- The WFA is a member of the Association of African Sports Confederations.